Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beltane Invocation






I'm calling you, wild

I'm coaxing you out of your snow-shell 

with my breath and green eyes


and longing for your leafy taste.


Demulcent rivers, swell.


Shocking bright eyelashes on trees, blink.


Dirt from the bear is shaken off, 


exchanged for bird seed and carrion.


Breaking skies, pussy willows, tease.


Kingfisher rattles and steals. 


The field is alive with change. 

I wrap hope around my neck and walk long walks


with friends


who find nettles. 


I eat the pollen laden alder catkins


inviting in every nuance.


The herons are feasting in the low waters


where phragmites glows like giant wheat


hiding eggs.


Stomp loud little bunny, wake her up


Shine hot bright sun, melt her heart


Cry in trills and thrills little peepers


sing her back


4 comments:

Indigenous Shamanic Winds said...

This is wonderful!!! It's great seeing others' poetry turned into an invocation with the connections of the plants. May the comings of Beltane be with you in fields of gold this year.

Blessings,
xoxo Shamanic Winds )O(

TitusL said...

What a beautiful post, thank you,
thought you might enjoy my Beltane Blessing machinima film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElZSplpxQc
Bright Blessings
elf ~

Darcey Blue said...

lovely. <3 wish it were always this way.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!