Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Of Old and New


The bright sun coming in now, after Solstice, makes me want to change lots of things. I've purged my dresser and a few key places in my home just getting rid of old and making room for new - or better yet just leaving it open and clear. As you can see, my blog was in the line of fire! I'm playing with the new layout and background.... I like it today but we'll see if it lasts. 

One thing new in my life is the Anima Medicine Woman Tradition Herbal Path - my lovely long time- long distance friend and fellow herbalist Kiva Rose from the Anima Sanctuary has been offering her correspondence courses at a growing rate. I didn't take it before because I was busy doing Susun Weed's Green Witch Course, which I finished this past Fall. 

I suppose you might think that was enough, right. Well, it could have been.... but I need some deeper transformation in order to realize the truth of who I am. I had a feeling this would be the route for me - fitting both my philosophy as well as my logistical circumstances. The course doesn't separate the cerebral process and the personal process, which is vital for the becoming of an Herbalist in whatever style expressed. 

So far, I am on lesson 2, and it's nothing short of rockin' my world. What I didn't expect is how rough my emotional waters are, and how much I have just, well, ignored - parts of myself that need tending. I'm on the journey now, to find out who I am, really, under the assumptions and stuff and looks and titles. It's a very mysterious feeling so far... not knowing exactly how to do it or what to be open to noticing. I do know, however, that I can't expect anyone else to brave their inner wilderness if I don't know it myself.

I've got some water, a knife, and a backpack....

I'm goin' in..............


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love you, Ananda! What a great post, I hope you don't mind if I steal some bits of it and quote you (you know how fun you are to quote).

LOVE the new blog design too, so pretty and wild.

Hugs,
Kiva

Ananda said...

LOL. Quote away, Kiva. Thanks for stopping by :)and glad you like the new look. Love you too, A

Tammie Lee said...

I love when you write: I can't expect anyone else to brave their inner wilderness if I don't know it myself.

inner wilderness, this is a great way to describe our inner self!

I wish you the best on this new journey!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your insightful posts. Just stopping in to wish you many blessings, and much wild green wilderness for the New Year ahead! Let us know how your journey progresses!

Anonymous said...

Wow cool. Good for you taking it to a new level. :) cory

Hibiscus Moon said...

I checked out that correspondance course you recommended it. It looks liek somethign I may want to do in the future. Thanks!

Angie Goodloe LMT, Herbalist said...

Hi! I am taking the course too! I have been for some time but took a break from the net after my son was born (2 kids under 2 wow!)
The course is amazing and transforming!