Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dear Hormones


Dear Hormones,

I hear you.

Thank you for reminding me that I can feel way beyond reason.

Thank you for reminding me that I am worth nourishment, tea, cream, and honey.

I hear your needs for warm touch, moments of respite, and deep breath.
I hear your needs for tissues and tears.

I am listening, even when I'm busy. Sometimes I need to accomplish something that depends on me before I can rest for soup. Sometimes my children need me more than I need a nap. Sometimes I need you to understand that people are not trying to hurt my feelings, or piss me off. I know you feel through a magnifying glass, and that is o.k., as long as we both know that I have choices, and can choose to be calm if I think something isn't as dramatic as it may seem to you.

I love you and am here to steward my body temple. Thank you for communicating, for asking for what you need. It keeps me real. Keeps me connected.

Here,
take my red scarf, and touches of Sandalwood and Rose. We go together, you and me. I bring your wisdom to my work and art, while you poke at me with your ancient reminders to go within and be quiet.

But listen here, you can't make mayhem out of simple daily struggles. They are normal, small.
Just remind me that I feel, and that will be enough.

Love,
me

~~~~~~~~~~

Wild Ride Moon Tea

~One pot of water, about 2 quarts
bring to just below simmer
Add the following dried herbs
~~
~One heaping teaspoon roses
~1/4 cup red clover blossoms
~1/4 cup linden leaf/flower
~1/4 cup passionflower or skullcap
~1 teaspoon kava kava
~1 teaspoon marshmallow root
~1 teaspoon cramp bark
~dried cherries as desired
~1/2 teaspoon stevia
~~~~~
Keep gently warming for 30-50 minutes, covered. 
Strain out single cups to sip as needed.
Serve with cream & honey if desired.

Breathe, Rub Belly, Hug.




xoxo


No comments: