Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dreaming Echinacea, post #1

My Echinacea is far taller than I expected. I'm about 5' 4" and the flowers tower over me. Lately I've been having intense dreams about this plant of many wonders. I haven't done a whole lot of research per se because it is so prevalent a remedy that I think I assumed I knew about it. But my dreams have been quite informative. I see myself, spade in hand, with baskets and jar and menstrums ready. Sitting beside the tall beauties, I sing and stroke the leaves clean of dirt. When I feel the vibration strengthen in response, I carefully wedge my fingers and spade inbetween the bottom rosette, making a small area of the plant ready to dig. I feel around for the tops of the roots. The tingly presense makes me salivate. My skin tingles too. And my deep feelings of lonliness and lack of community start to surface ..... and release. I see webs of roots reaching for each other, overlapping, rolling and weaving underground. Stretching. Joining. It feels like the essence of Echinacea is honoring community, honoring balance, and honoring individual expression without feeling isolated. Perhas this is just what I need to learn right now, and it is simply a coincidence. And perhaps it is a unique heart healer.

more thoughts to come ..... it will be time to decoct and tincture soon ....

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Interesting, Ananda. Intertwined echinacea roots have always reminded me of the smallest vessels and ducts of the lymphatic system.

Ananda said...

Thank you for bringing that up Rebecca! Indeed, I use Echinacea wen my glands are swollen and stuck, (as my reading would teach me)and it works superbly well - I didn't even think of that while I was sitting with her. I wonder what relationship community and Lymphatics have? I really desire a deeper understanding of this magnificent being. hmmmm.....

Moonroot said...

Just stumbled across your blog, and glad I did! Fascinating, thank you.